- April 13th, 2017 18
Coinbase Gateway Error - Response: invalid signature
This error means that the API keys in the WHMCS gateway settings for the Coinbase module are not valid or are not generated for Coinbase’s updated API (v2). Please regenerate the keys making sure that you create the HMAC keys for API v2 and you select the correct permissions as shown in the article linked below.
Coinbase error – “You have not filled out your merchant profile. Please enter your information in the Profile section”March 23rd, 2017 50
Coinbase Gateway Error - Response: You have not filled out your merchant profile. Please enter your information in the Profile section.
This error has 2 known causes…
- You have not filled out our completed your Coinbase Merchant profile, Login and complete your Merchant profile
- Coinbase has not yet approved your Merchant account
If you have completed step #1, then you will need to wait for Coinbase to approve your Merchant account, we recommend that you contact Coinbase support to get more information regarding your account.
- March 23rd, 2017 53
Coinbase Gateway Error - Response: request timestamp expired
This error means that your server’s time is incorrect. Please contact your hosting provider or server administrator to correctly set the server’s time.
- December 16th, 2014 1407
As of v2.0.0 of the Coinbase module, the Callback Secret is no longer required and has been removed.
The “Callback Secret” parameter is used to prevent bogus or fake callbacks to your payment gateway callback handler. The parameter should not be given to anyone as this is a “secret”. The value of this parameter can be anything you want, any alpha-numeric characters you’d like of any length (though we recommend 12 – 24 characters or so).
We’ve even generated one for you (unique to your browser request). You can copy / paste this into the Callback Secret parameter field.
- October 23rd, 2014 1378
The primary cause of the error is that your Coinbase Merchant profile has not been setup or completed. Please update and complete your Merchant profile here https://www.coinbase.com/merchant_profiles
To get the error being generated by the Coinbase gateway, please view the WHMCS Activity Log. The activity log can be found under Utilities => Logs => Activity Log. When contacting our support team, please have a copy or a screenshot of the error so we may assist you faster.
- April 7th, 2014 1419
All currencies are supported. Both to and from XBT. However WHMCS is limited to the currencies that it supports.
- April 7th, 2014 1743
Version 2.0.5 – Released 04.21.2017
Redesigned the Balance Widget to work with the WHMCS 7 design
- April 6th, 2014 1546
The following API settings are required to be able to accept Bitcoin payments from your WHMCS installation…
- Type: HMAC (Key + Secret)
- API v2
- Make sure to enable API access to the Wallet which you’d like to receive / refund payments from
We do not recommend enabling any other permissions unless absolutely required. These permissions are required for our Coinbase Payment Gateway module to operate properly.
- April 6th, 2014 1427
The requirements are listed below. The module may work under different conditions, but has only been tested by our developers in these scenarios.
- Working knowledge of WHMCS, installing and configuring addons, gateways etc.
- PHP 5.4 or higher for WHMCS 6.x
- PHP 5.6 or higher for WHMCS 7.x
- WHMCS 7.x (WHMCS 6.x module is provided, but no support or upgrades are provided)
- OpenSSL w/ TLS 1.1+ support
PHP Extension Requirements
- cURL w/ TLS 1.1+ support
- Ioncube Loader v5.0.21 or higher for WHMCS 6.x
- Ioncube Loader v6.0.2 or higher for WHMCS 7.x
- A Coinbase account - If you do not have one, you may sign up here
- Completed your Coinbase Merchant profile - https://www.coinbase.com/merchant_profiles
- An active Coinbase Merchant account
- v2 API Account (as of v2.0.0, API v1 is no longer supported)
Requirements Test Script
We offer a PHP script that will quickly and easily check your PHP and WHMCS installation for any missing requirements, the tool can be downloaded here - https://billing.aspnix.com/dl.php?type=d&id=138
- April 6th, 2014 1319
Yes, as of build 1.3.0, our module now supports refunds through the Coinbase API. However there is 1 limitation. You cannot send partial refunds, refunds can only be sent as the original full amount of the transaction.