- April 18th, 2017 7
ERROR_1 => Code: 91577 Message: Merchant account does not support payment instrument.
ERROR_2 => Code: 81703 Message: Credit card type is not accepted by this merchant account.
Seeing an error similar to the ones shown above means that your WHMCS system is attempting to process a card type that is not accepted by your Braintree account. For example, a customer pays with an AMEX card, but your Braintree account only allows VISA and Discover.
To fix this, you will need to contact Braintree to discuss adding other card types to your account. You should also only select the card types allowed by your Braintree account in your WHMCS installation’s “Invoice” tab under the “General Settings” option. The line item is titled “Accepted Credit Card Types”.
- June 25th, 2015 1305
For more information on how the fraud protection through Braintree works and how to enable it within your account, please review their support article here – https://articles.braintreepayments.com/guides/fraud-tools/advanced
To enable fraud protection in our module, please follow the steps below…
- Activate Advanced Fraud Tools in your Braintree account – Guide Here
- From the WHMCS administrator, open, Setup => Payments => Payment Gateways
- Find your Braintree gateway settings
- Check / Enable “Enable Advanced Fraud”
- Press “Save Changes”
- From the WHMCS administrator, open, Setup => Addon Modules
- Activate the “Braintree Advanced Fraud Helper” addon module (No permissions need to be set or applied for this module)
- You are done!
To test, submit a credit card payment, then check the WHMCS Gateway Log output, find the transaction for the payment you just completed, you should see a field called [riskData] with 2 fields below it called [id] and [decision].
What if I do not know my credit card form DOM id? Open your client area template creditcard.tpl and viewcart.tpl file with your favorite HTML editor and find the credit card <form> and find the id=”….” the …. will be the DOM id of your form. If your form does not have an id=”….”, you will need to add one to it. If you are unsure how to do this, please contact your web developer. For example, you could add id=”cc-payment_form” then your DOM id name would be cc-payment_form. If you have any questions about this, please contact our WHMCS Module support department and we will be glad to assist you!
As of Braintree Module release v1.1.2 the form ID is found automatically. If your checkout / credit card forms do not have an id set, you will need to contact your web developer to get this fixed. The <form … id=”…”> must be set in order for the Braintree data library to inject the required form data.
ASPnix provides no warranty and is not responsible for any errors that occur from editing or altering your templates / WHMCS settings.
- September 20th, 2014 1349
Yes, our module fully supports multiple currencies through multiple Braintree merchant accounts. In order to use multiple currencies you will need to contact Braintree to get more information on having multiple merchant accounts. For example if you wanted to accept payments in the following currencies, USD, GBP, EUR, you would need to have 3 different merchant accounts. Each merchant account would have a different ID which you would supply in the payment gateway “Merchant ID” field. By default you only enter a single merchant ID, to accept multiple currencies, please see the example below…
Your Merchant ID field would look like the above example. Each merchant ID / Currency is seperated by a comma in the format MERCHANT_ID|CURRENCY. Our module will automatically determine the correct merchant ID to use based on the customer’s selected currency.
Note that you will need a merchant account for each currency your WHMCS system supports.
- September 20th, 2014 1425
Yes. Per their (Braintree) requirements, you must be PCI compliant. If you are not PCI complaint will not be able to accept and store credit card payments. Our module uses direct server-to-server communications to send client credit card details to the Braintree services for processing. Our module is designed to work alongside WHMCS’ encrypted Credit/Debit card storage to enable automatic recurring billing / automatic invoice payments.
Our module enables your WHMCS installation to accept Credit/Debit card information right on your site without having to be redirected to a 3rd party client or without the use of a 3rd party popup window etc. This enables a more seamless and professional appearance for your clients.
- September 20th, 2014 1651
Below are the steps required to install and activate the Braintree Payment Gateway module for WHMCS…
- Download the latest build of the Braintree module and our licensing system for your WHMCS version
- Extract and upload the files to your WHMCS web root / document root
- Make sure you also upload the ASPnix licensing system to your WHMCS root as well!
- Navigate to your WHMCS administrator area and select Setup => Payments => Payment Gateways
- Activate the Braintree gateway
- Input your Braintree merchant ID, public and private keys as well as your ASPnix product license
- Click “Save Changes”
- Under your Braintree “Processing Settings” find the “Custom Fields” section and click “Add New”
- You will need to add 2 custom fields; invoice_id and user_id per the screenshots below
HIGHLY recommend that you test in a sandbox environment first, note that the API details for sandbox and production are different.
- September 20th, 2014 1464
The requirements are listed below. The module may work under different conditions, but has only been tested by our developers in these scenarios.
- Working knowledge of WHMCS, installing and configuring addons, gateways etc.
- PHP 5.4 or higher for WHMCS 6.x
- PHP 5.6 or higher for WHMCS 7.x
- WHMCS 7.x (WHMCS 6.x module is provided, but no support or upgrades are provided)
- OpenSSL w/ TLS 1.1+ support
PHP Extension Requirements
- cURL w/ TLS 1.1+ support
- Ioncube Loader v5.0.21 or higher for WHMCS 6.x
- Ioncube Loader v6.0.2 or higher for WHMCS 7.x
- A Braintree Merchant Account – If you do not have one, you may sign up here
- Ensure that your Braintree Merchant account accepts the credit/debit card types that you would like to accept
- PCI Compliance – For more information, see their FAQ
Requirements Test Script
We offer a PHP script that will quickly and easily check your PHP and WHMCS installation for any missing requirements, the tool can be downloaded here – https://billing.aspnix.com/dl.php?type=d&id=138
- September 20th, 2014 1351
This product is licensed as a one-time purchase. No monthly or annual fees apply to this product to use the product, however there is an annual renewal fee for continued support and upgrades. The license is valid for use on one WHMCS installation only. If you move your WHMCS installation to a new IP address, change the path of the WHMCS installation or change the domain name that your WHMCS installation is running under your license will need to be re-issued so that it may activate under the new location.
If you have any questions about the licensing of this product, please contact our sales team!
- September 20th, 2014 1643
Version 1.2.1 - Released 04.18.2017Continue reading “Braintree Payment Gateway Module changelog & release details” »
Updated the Braintree core libraries to the latest build Resolved an issue where 3D Secure was not loading when enabled