- May 1st, 2014 1570
Currently we support 3 different GeoIP lookup methods. Each method is described below, each method has different pros and cons and requirements.
- Native – Uses the PHP GeoIP extension. Requires that you have the extension installed and fully configured
- MaxMind – Uses the PHP Maxmind API. Nothing is required, but we recommend you keep the GeoIP.dat database up-to-date
- GeoPlugin – Uses the GeoPlugin.net remote service. Requires that you have the PHP CURL extension and is limited to 120 lookups per minute
We recommend using the MaxMind method as it requires no PHP extensions or configuration. However you will need to keep the GeoIP.dat database in the addon’s data directory up-to-date. They usually update once a month around the beginning of each month. The MaxMind method is slightly more resource intensive in than the other 2 methods in our tests, but we find it easier as it requires nothing configured or installed with PHP. The GeoPlugin.net service would be our next recommendation, however it does “slightly” slow the final checkout as it uses a remote service to do the GeoIP lookup. The native method would be our last recommendation as it requires the GeoIP extension which in our research is not commonly installed.
- May 1st, 2014 1395
Version 1.1.5 – Released 07.14.2015
1 2 3 4
Full support for WHMCS 6.0 Updated geoip.dat to July 1st, 2015 Support for IPv6 through GeoPlugin.net and the Maxmind API Added geoipv6.dat (July 1st, 2015)
- May 1st, 2014 1378
This product is licensed as a one-time purchase. No monthly or annual fees apply to this product. The license is valid for use on one WHMCS installation only. If you move your WHMCS installation to a new IP address, change the path of the WHMCS installation or change the domain name that your WHMCS installation is running under your license will need to be re-issued so that it may activate under the new location.
If you have any questions about the licensing of this product, please contact our sales team!
- May 1st, 2014 1386
The requirements are listed below. The module may work under different conditions, but has only been tested by our developers in these scenarios.
- Working knowledge of WHMCS, installing and configuring addons, gateways etc.
- PHP 5.4 or higher for WHMCS 6.x
- PHP 5.6 or higher for WHMCS 7.x
- WHMCS 6.x or 7.x
- OpenSSL w/ TLS 1.1+ support
PHP Extension Requirements
- cURL w/ TLS 1.1+ support
- geoip (optional)
- Ioncube Loader v5.0.21 or higher for WHMCS 6.x
- Ioncube Loader v6.0.2 or higher for WHMCS 7.x
Lookup Plugin(s) Requirements
- Native GeoIP lookups requires the GeoIP PHP extension as well as the Maxmind databases
- Maxmind GeoIP lookups requires only the GeoIP.dat database in the “data” directory of the addon module
- Geoplugin GeoIP lookups requires CURL support
Requirements Test Script
We offer a PHP script that will quickly and easily check your PHP and WHMCS installation for any missing requirements, the tool can be downloaded here – https://billing.aspnix.com/dl.php?type=d&id=138