- March 1st, 2012 2021
Below are the limits of our shared MySQL services…
- 25 simultaneous connections per user*
- 32MB max allowed packet size
- 60 second inactivity timeout
- UTF-8 is the default database character set
- INNODB is the default storage engine, however MyISAM is still available
* The number of simultaneous connections a single user can make at any given moment. This limit is based on the username, not the IP address or location, it is 25 simultaneous connections at any one time. This may seem small, but considering that a single connection does its work and closes within milliseconds, this is really not a problem, even for the largest of websites.