This evening, Friday the 23rd at 10PM MST we will be performing an update to the SmarterMail service on our primary SmarterMail server. The issue addresses several reported issues, 1 issue that is critical (which caused massive delivery delays). Below are some of the resolved issues that have been reported by our customers…
- CRITICAL – The queues for SpamCheck, LocalDelivery and RemoteDelivery are now properly asynchronous.
- ActiveSync encoding issue with plain text messages containing non-ASCII characters and no specified content transfer encoding.
- Appointments created in Outlook 2016 for Mac (EWS) or on Android device via EAS cannot be adjusted in web interface.
- CalDAV now fires accepted notifications for events.
- Cannot send or receive emails with emoji characters.
- EWS sends a calendar updated email when the request from the client specified not to send an email.
- Flagging a message in web interface does not sync to ActiveSync devices.
- Messages with attachments that do not have a CID are not displayed correctly in web interface.
During this time, our incoming gateways will process and hold any incoming email and deliver them once we have completed the update.
All dates & times are listed as UTC.
Scheduled Time: –
Max Outage Duration: 1 hour
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our support department.
Thank you again for choosing ASPnix as your web hosting provider!
UPDATE #1 – 10:52PM MST – We are working to complete Windows Updates on the system before installing the updated SmarterMail release. Please bear with us while we complete this task.