- April 28th, 2015 1239
SmarterTools has announced the beta release of SmarterMail v14! While we will not install and run beta software, especially for our mail servers, we have installed and tested here locally and would like to share some of the new features that are coming!
- Support for Dropbox integration
- Support for Microsoft OneDrive integration
- Support for temporary or “short life-span” aliases
- Improvements to how blocked senders are handled
- SmarterMail codebase is not based on .Net 4.5
- Improved IMAP search
- A single account may now support multiple calendars
- Email lists may now have a customized unsubscribe link using “Friendly Text”
- SmarterMail may now properly migrate Tasks from GMail
- Various other improvements
We are looking forward to this release as it matures and more features are added and SmarterMail is further improved. We know many users are really going to be pleased by the Dropbox integration and improved IMAP search abilities. We’ve also been told there will be a lot of work done on the EWS protocol for the new release out Outlook for Mac OS and introduction of new features like “Conversations”.
Once SmarterMail v14 goes final we will be upgrading our SmarterMail installations as our continued promise to stay up-to-date on the latest technologies. If you have any questions, concerns or comments, please let us know!