We are very pleased to announce to all of our customers that our billing (client) area now supports Two-Factor Authentication to increase the security of your ASPnix billing account! For those that do not know what Two-Factor Authentication is, it is basically a means of authenticating yourself with an additional layer of authentication, such as a card, a pin, a finger reader etc. When you login to the ASPnix client area, you are also asked for a verification code, which changes every 30 seconds, this helps prevent unauthorized access to your account! Read on for more details!
How do you activate it? Simple!
- Make sure you have an iPhone, Android, or a Windows based smart phone and install the “Google Authenticator” app
- Visit https://billing.aspnix.com/clientarea.php and login to your ASPnix billing account
- Once logged in, visit https://billing.aspnix.com/clientarea.php?action=security
- Follow the steps and complete the setup of Two-Factor Authentication
- WRITE DOWN AND SAVE THE BACKUP CODE. If you ever lose your device or do not have access to the device this code is required to gain access to your account
Now each time you login to the client area you will login with your normal credentials, once successful you will be asked for the validation code which you can get from the Google Authenticator app. The code changes every 30 seconds, so it will be different each time you login.
We recommend that all users that are able to use the Google Authenticator app enable this feature. If you have any questions, please contact our support department.
Thank you for choosing ASPnix!