An updated release of Outlook 2016 (16.0.8431.2079) has started a new “Simplified Account Creation” utility that does not allow for setting up ActiveSync enabled accounts. The following steps will resolve this and return Outlook back to the original account creation utility.
- We are not responsible for issues caused by editing your registry!
- Download the registry file at https://billing.aspnix.com/dl.php?type=d&id=151
- Shutdown Outlook 2016, if it is running
- Extract the registry file from the downloaded zip in step #2
- Right click on the registry (.reg) file and choose “Merge”
- Select “Yes” to continue
- Select “Ok” to confirm the merge has completed
- Open Outlook 2016
This will now allow you to use the original account creation utility.