Below are the steps required to install and activate the Braintree Payment Gateway module for WHMCS…
- Download the latest build of the Braintree module and our licensing system for your WHMCS version
- Extract and upload the files to your WHMCS web root / document root
- Make sure you also upload the ASPnix licensing system to your WHMCS root as well!
- Navigate to your WHMCS administrator area and select Setup => Payments => Payment Gateways
- Activate the Braintree gateway
- Input your Braintree merchant ID, public and private keys as well as your ASPnix product license
- Click “Save Changes”
- Under your Braintree “Processing Settings” find the “Custom Fields” section and click “Add New”
- You will need to add 2 custom fields; invoice_id and user_id per the screenshots below
[ngg src=”galleries” ids=”11″ exclusions=”143″ display=”basic_thumbnail” show_slideshow_link=”0″]
HIGHLY recommend that you test in a sandbox environment first, note that the API details for sandbox and production are different.
8 thoughts on “How do I install the Braintree Gateway for WHMCS?”
would be nice if the download link is posted or reference here.
@jim – We’ve added the download links at your request.
Is there a reason why the cards are not stored in Braintree’s vault? How would you recommend automatic payments?
https://www.aspnix.com/kb/software-products-kb/does-my-whmcs-installation-have-to-be-pci-complaint-to-use-the-braintree-payment-gateway-module/ will give you more information regarding this.
Our module does not work with Braintree’s vault, it is designed around WHMCS’s CC encryption and storage, which is why you must be PCI compliant.
I uploaded the gateway module and the licensing server to the root of the WHMCS folder but got a white screen when I tried to access the payments gateways page in WHMCS. What did I do wrong?
Please submit a ticket at https://billing.aspnix.com/submitticket.php to the WHMCS Module Support department and we will be happy to assist you.
I don’t have an email account with your company so I can’t open a ticket.
You must have account if you downloaded the module. https://billing.aspnix.com/submitticket.php Please login to the account that you purchased the module with and downloaded the module with and submit a ticket to our WHMCS support department.
Comments are closed.