- June 25th, 2015 1120
For more information on how the fraud protection through Braintree works and how to enable it within your account, please review their support article here – https://articles.braintreepayments.com/guides/fraud-tools/advanced
To enable fraud protection in our module, please follow the steps below…
- From the WHMCS administrator, open, Setup => Payments => Payment Gateways
- Find your Braintree gateway settings
- Check / Enable “Enable Advanced Fraud”
- Enter your WHMCS credit card form DOM id into the “Credit Card Form DOM Id” field
- Press “Save Changes”
- From the WHMCS administrator, open, Setup => Addon Modules
- Activate the “Braintree Advanced Fraud Helper” addon module (No permissions need to be set or applied for this module)
- You are done!
To test, submit a credit card payment, then check the WHMCS Gateway Log output, find the transaction for the payment you just completed, you should see a field called [riskData] with 2 fields below it called [id] and [decision].
What if I do not know my credit card form DOM id?
Open your client area template creditcard.tpl file with your favorite HTML editor and find the credit card <form> and find the id=”….” the …. will be the DOM id of your form. If your form does not have an id=”….”, you will need to add one to it. If you are unsure how to do this, please contact your web developer. For example, you could add id=”cc-payment_form” then your DOM id name would be cc-payment_form.
ASPnix provides no warranty and is not responsible for any errors that occur from editing or altering your templates / WHMCS settings.